Thursday, September 11, 2008

26.2 For Brian

My fundraising for Brian has officially began. I was up until midnight last night making my fundraiser flyer. I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I used a new program called iWork and it was awesome. I'm sure I could have spent days making it perfect. I sent out all my e-mails last night and managed to stop at a few places today. I'm really hoping I can get some good sponsorship. I'm so excited to run the marathon this year. Only 23 days left.

1 comment:

Tim Hooks said...

As a former medium distance runner and volunteer runner for the American Cancer Society I wish you success. You should be commended for your efforts toward this cause. I knew Brian only briefly as a coworker and was just beside myself when I heard of his tragic accident.

I myself survived over ten vehicle accidents, addiction to nicotine, a severe weight problem, and many other difficulties too numerous to mention. But through hard work and perseverance which included running (which had been introduced to me by a friend), diet, other cardiovascular exercises, and life style changes I was able to overcome all of these physical and emotional limitations in addition to vices, and go on to become a happy healthy productive and contributing member of society with a wonderful wife and baby boy.

So, all I can say is "Best Wishes!" and I hope Brian regains his mobility to the best of the capabilities of modern medicine and beyond.

Tim Hooks