I know the month of November is about being thankful. In my life I have been reminded that every day is something you should be thankful for. I am glad for this time of year though for more people to realize and share what they are thankful for.
Many people just focus on the negatives but everything usually happens for a reason. That's what you usually hear. In my life I have tried really hard to focus on the positives. Here are some examples.
1. I lost my Mom 8 years ago. It's something I still deal with on a daily basis. Some days are better than others. Some things that I'm thankful for from this is to appreciate the fact that I'm lucky enough to be a Mother. From losing Mom, I made the decision to get healthy not only for myself, but for my family as well. I never want my girls to go through what I did. It was a kick start to an 80+ pound weight loss and discovering my love for running.
2. My recent foot and knee injuries. Despite the frustration and pain I have worked really hard to try and overcome these issues. It's an ongoing problem. Just when my knees start to feel better, my foot is causing stress. That being said, I did run last week and I have continued with my cross training. I am very thankful for every run and every mile that I complete. There are those that have never ran at all.
3. My health and family. This goes along with #1. I can't even grasp how many amazing friends and family members I have lost in the past few years. My Dad & Little M have also given me scares but are healthy now. Many of my friends have and currently are dealing with loss & health issues. I can't say it enough that we all need to love and appreciate our family and friends. Never pass up an opportunity to touch someone's life in a positive way, give someone a hug, a smile, and always tell them how much you love them.
This doesn't even begin to cover what I'm thankful for. I want to say how thankful I am for my husband, my children, and my family. They truly are the center of everything. I'm incredibly thankful for my blog. Through it I have made and met so many amazing and inspiring people. I'm now lucky enough to call many of them friends.
Life can be crazy and stressful. Try to take the time and appreciate all the amazing blessings that you do have. There truly is always something to be thankful for.



2 comments:
Yes health is a major to be thankful for! I'm thankful for my healthy family...something I never take for granted!!
Health certainly is high on the list. I'm also thankful that I still have both my parents. They are both 83 and will be married 60 years next year.
Post a Comment