Friday morning, Tressa and I got a late start. I'm not sure how that happened since I never sleep in. I was awake early several different times so who knows. We got ready and packed everything back up in the car. Zoe's Dad was there watching Goober. We all had a very interesting conversation that still makes me giggle. Let's just say he had some very helpful advice on performing well in the race the next day :)
We hit the road and headed towards the Expo. It was raining like crazy. I was driving my little Ford Focus. It's not exactly an all terrain vehicle. We came super close to getting in a wreck. Super slick roads and psycho drivers. I'm still not sure how we escaped but I'm very thankful we did. I couldn't get parked and out of the car quick enough.
Tressa and I picked up our packets and started making a sweep of the Expo. We weren't there long before our guys showed up. Jason and I took advantage of the Expo discount and are officially signed up again for next year.
Jill at Running to Sanity
Melanie & John Bingham
Our Running Blogger Gang
Lesley
Tressa and I hanging out with Charlie Tuna
Yes, Jesse and Tressa were having fun while I was stuck dealing with a party pooper. He was tired and hungry though which is never a good combination.
Tressa and Jesse had booked a hotel not far from the race start and invited us to stay with them. I was looking forward to walking to the start and not having to worry about traffic in the morning. We all met up in the room and then walked to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had never been there before. It was like temptation island. I was in the process of finishing up an Advocare 24 Day Challenge so I was limited on food choices. It actually made the whole weekend a bit frustrating and hard to work around. I managed to find something on the menu that would work. Jason and Tressa each picked a cheesecake slice to take back to the room. I was a bit jealous.
Once we got back to the room we all just hung out, watched tv, ate cheese cake and laughed a lot. Even after turning off the lights and attempting to sleep everyone got sillier. My stomach hurt from laughing so much. It was a super fun night.
Stay tuned for my race report....











7 comments:
It's like a who's who of running bloggers!! So fun!!
What great fun! I hope to travel to the USA one year and meet plenty bloggers.
Glad you didn't get in a wreck. The weather was so bad!
Sounds like fun! Mmmm cheesecake factory although their portion sizes are way too huge!
It looks like you had an awesome time! Can't wait for your recap. :)
I ate way too much bread that night, but I really think that is what got me through the race!
Looks great! sounds like it was so fun!Thanks for the nice post.. ;)
Post a Comment