Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three Things Thursday


(1)  Seattle Rock-n-Roll!!!  I am beyond excited for this weekend.  EXPO's, friends, running, girl time, husband time....just getting to enjoy something I truly enjoy along with so many amazing friends I have met along the way.

This afternoon I'm picking Tressa up and headed to Seattle for the Another Mother Runner Party tonight.  After that we will get to hang out with Zoe.  Big thanks to her for letting us crash at her house tonight.  Tomorrow, Jason & Jesse will head our way.  Looking forward to the EXPO.  I love them, and Seattle always has a great one.  Also excited for the Bloggy meetup that will include John Bingham and the amazing Mel, "Tall Mom."  And, of course, Saturday~Race Day!!!  Can't wait to check out the new course, help pull Jason along, and cheer on all my running buddies.

Can't wait to meet several of my amazing blogger buddies for the first time in real life :)

Special good luck vibes going out to Tressa aka Adorable Wife.  This will be her very first Half Marathon!!!  Go Tressa!!!


(2)  Marathon Weight Loss Challenge.  Jess at Run With Jess came up with a very fun challenge to lose a Half Marathon~13.1 pounds or a Full Marathon~26.2 pounds over the Summer.  All the details are HERE.  You have until June 25th to get signed up.  If you are looking for some extra motivation, support, and some skinny jeans, don't miss out.  I'm super excited to get healthier and help motivate myself and others along the way.


(3)  So we all know that I'm not a fast runner.  One thing I have going for me, apparently, is that I can climb poles.  This past weekend was the Andrew York Lineman Rodeo.  My husband just finished his first year apprenticeship as a Lineman.  I'm super proud of him.  Two more years of school to go.  This is the 8th year of competition.  3 linemen from his work competed as a team and Jason competed as an apprentice.  He placed 9th out of 22.  Even cooler was that many he scored higher than were 2nd and 3rd year guys.  They also have an amateur competition for family and friends in the pole climb.  The top place in each division gets an award.  I was shocked and very excited to hear my name called as the fastest female.  The guy who won was only 2 seconds faster than me.  Can't wait until next year :)


Here's a pic of Makenna climbing.  Her pic was way cuter than mine :)

Good luck to everyone running this weekend!!!!

Can't wait to hang out and make some great memories!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize this was Tressa's first EVER half. Oh, wow, how exciting. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Fruit Fly said...

I hope to you see somewhere during this really fun weekend!!

And how cool is that about your pole climbing?!?! I can't even imagine how I'd do at something like that. I'd worry about splinters!