Friday, March 18, 2011

Just Bring It


Things seem to be settling down on the wild frontier aka my house.  The last thing we needed around here was to be traveling and running around going to races/fun runs.  Okay, I lied, I have been in a minor funk about missing so many of my runs but for the good of the family I've kept it to myself...mostly.

This Saturday is the 24 Hour Rim Run that I ran 33 miles at last year.  I'm extremely sad that I'm missing it.  I was pumped to stay the full 24 hours.  It's even local.  Maybe next year.

I crazily brought up the Eugene 1/2 that will be on May 1st.  So far so good and I think I might have the support to do it.  What do you think?  Should I just go for it?  I'd obviously just do it for fun and not worry about time.  I want one of those green finishers medal so bad.

Training/Running ~

The past 3 weeks I have started going to the gym again.  That means more cross training and using the weights.  I've been incorporating a lot of the elliptical into my routine and I think it has helped my knees a lot.  I've been pretty pumped about this.  I did a really hard run a few days ago and I couldn't even tell I'd had issues.  That being said, they randomly cause issues on other days.  I'm just happy that something seems to be helping.  I long for the days when I was just a "slow runner" and not a slow runner with knee issues that have prevented me from getting faster.

Diet/Weight Loss ~

My brother is getting married on April 9th.  That has been pretty motivating on getting me back on the right road.  I've once again shrunk my portions and am drinking a lot more water.  Ever since having my girls, I've thankfully enjoyed drinking water so that hasn't been a huge change.  I do admit that I haven't given up my Diet Mt. Dew.  I only drink it occasionally now.   When I give up all my chocolate it is the one treat I let myself have.

Speaking of chocolate, Easter candy is out and taunting me in full force.  Any other year I would have eaten several king size bags of these by now.  They are my favorite.  I have a bag or two stashed in the house but they are for my girls.  The fact that I haven't had any of these or the other Cadbury goop filled eggs shows willpower for sure.  I also have to fit into a dress and look halfway decent in it in 3 weeks.  

So now I am refocused and have many mini goals to meet.  I'm hoping that I can lose a few extra pounds before the wedding which will also help with my knees.  I feel like I missed out on so much this year already.  I refuse to give up though.  Even if I'm slow, I want to get out there and feel the wind on my face.  I want to keep meeting and running with my blogger buddies.  One way or another Jason will run Seattle with me in June and we will have fun.  

So, a few questions.

Should I be a crazy person and sign up for the Eugene 1/2 on May 1st?

What should I do to help get Jason motivated and ready for RNR Seattle 1/2 in June?

Any other healthy treats that can help get me back on track?

After losing over 60 pounds I'm frustrated to even be back to needing to lose weight again.  BTW~I didn't gain that much back :) That's how I feel about trying to get all of my fitness back as well.  Starting over stinks.

Thanks again to all of you who have continued to support me and for all of your comments.  I love you guys!!!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you must do Eugene. We're even having a bloggy dinner the night before at Mazzi's restaurant, you must come!

H Love said...

So sad I am NOT doing Eugene....next year it is on my list!

Just have fun with Jason! You guys are going to do great!

Trish said...

OMG! I love those Cadbury Mini Eggs!!! Just looking at the picture makes my mouth water!

Alanna said...

Yes, you should do Eugene! It sounds like a fun run is totally necessary at this point, yes?

Rene' said...

You are definitely doing Eugene. I know that you can do it. I would love to come out and do a race in the Northwest. Do you know I have never even travelled out there. Those Cadbury Eggs are DANGEROUS!!!! I can't get enough!!!

Fruit Fly said...

Easy question. Easy answer.

Eugene = YES!!

You know you want Mazzi's, too. It will be so yummy!!

Julie D. said...

stacie, so sorry I was out of the loop. just read the last post and I'm sorry that you've had a couple stressful months! Sounds like your mental toughness is getting you through. Yes, you should Eugene!!!

juanitagf said...

Eugene? Absolutely! I did the full last year. They have awesome medals and finishing on the track is AWESOME!!!

I lost 60 pounds in '08 and have put some back on. It is so frustrating to gain even a portion of it back! I try to eat lots more veggies--especially salad--and use South Beach bars when I am away from home.

Lindsay said...

I was once about 10 lbs lighter than I currently am (I've already lost 6-7lbs on top of that so I am chilling away and have about 10 more to go). Lately I look at sugar/sweets and think about how that wont really satisfy me, and how gross / disappointed I will feel after binging on it. So far that is working... I can tear up a bag of chocolate though. I am not great at moderation so I have to really watch it!

Hang in there and good luck! Remember how great you feel at your goal weight and how that is more worth it than a "treat".

Richelle said...

I always buy several bags of those Cadbury Mini Eggs each year before Easter, so we're definitely in the same boat!

Do Eugene! I wish I could... maybe next year.

Unknown said...

Great job at keeping at it with everything you have had to deal with. Starting over is tough, but starting is more tough. Keep up the great work. Eugene sounds like fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

I say YES!!! Sign up for the half.. even if it is just to get the medal ;)

Stephanie Anne said...

sounds like you need a race to perk you up. I say do it!!

and those cadbury mini eggs.... i love em! i had a mini bag yesterday

Terri said...

Cadbury eggs are evil. I can only have one - on Easter! :) Hang in there - you can do this!

Suzana said...

Mini-goals are great! I'm so happy to hear that you are staying motivated! :D

Suzana said...

Mini-goals are great! I'm so happy to hear that you are staying motivated! :D

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

SOunds like you are doing well again! Eugene would be fun right? You have plenty of time to get ready for that!!

Glad you are back Stacie.

Bethany + Ryan said...

I like those leathery fruit strip things. not really sure what to call them but it's like eating candy! and its like $.50 each

Penny said...

Sometimes signing up for a race makes us more accountable to ourselves. So say yes to Eugene half. That seems to work for me. Glad to hear your knee is doing better.