Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday's Run

Today was my first real run back since taking a break over the weekend. My calves are still extremely sore from all of the stairs at the Great Wolf Lodge. Several of my friends and fellow workout aquaintances do their cardio workouts and then follow it up with their weight work. I've tried it before and I've always been wore out by the time I made it to the weights. Today I thought I would give it another shot. I went to Thorbecke's and found an open treadmill. It has been crazy there since the New Year's. A lot of resolutions trying to be fulfilled :) I ran 9.5 miles today. I'm pretty happy about that since I have to make up for my time off over the weekend. I headed downstairs to the weights and tried to start off with some chin-ups. After 3 I wasn't doing well. I managed to do 10 and tried something else. I kept making the rounds until I decided I didn't want to die. I finished it off with all of my stretches and some more crunches. I'm feeling pretty good right now. I always do after I accomplish some decent mileage.



Check out Marcia's blog. She is having a great giveaway.

http://teamarcia-runningmouth.blogspot.com/2010/01/well-ideclare.html

3 comments:

H Love said...

wow! 9 miles on a treadmill???
so happy that you had a fun weekend. I am looking forward to a long run soon. keep it up!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the heads up on the giveaway.. Will be checking back in thwen I have more time..

Teamarcia said...

thank so much for the link! OMG your girls are gorgeous!