Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 GOALS

Myspace Comments
Happy New Year Comments
Myspace 2.0 Layouts


I'm a few days late on getting this up. I'm sure I'll be adding to it as time goes on.

Last year didn't start out too well for our family. Once we dealt with the flood it set the tone for the rest of the year. It murdered my treadmill. It wasn't a fancy treadmill with any of the bells and whistles. I couldn't even change the elevation. The things is, it was with me from the beginning. When I first stepped onto it at night when the girls were in bed and Jason had to work it was my companion. It was the one thing that I had to keep me motivated. It was there when I could barely run a mile. It never complained as I worked my way up to 18 mile runs. It was dependable. I still mourn it's loss, especially when I have a treadmill now that likes to speed up, slow down, or just decide to stop on it's own. I feel like I could crash at any moment. Not good for focusing. Without my treadmill and with the added stress it just wasn't the year I had planned on for my running and overall health in general. I plan to change that in 2010.

I am excited to share my goals on my blog. This will hold me accountable. It will put it out there for everyone to see. I think it will be good to focus on several aspects and not just my running. The combination can only be a benefit.

1. Run 1,111 miles. Now that I have found a fellow blogger with a favorite number :) Thanks Mel!!! It seems fitting to use mine as an extra boost toward meeting my 1,000+ miles goal.

2. Get more sleep. This is a hard one for me. I tend to get up early and stay up late. I don't on a normal basis mean for it to happen, it just does. Lately I've noticed it is affecting me and I've been exhausted. I need to change some things in my life to make sure I get at least the minimal amount, especially if I'm going to meet my running goals and do it well.

3. Run at least 2 marathons. I'm aiming for Portland again this year. I missed it in 2009. It is the best event I've ever participated in. www.portlandmarathon.org in case you are interested. It will take place on 10/10/10 this year. Pretty cool. Plus, it's my brother's birthday.

4. Lose at least 15 more pounds and maintain it forever. I did great in 2006 and maintained my weight for a very long time. I think just boosting my mileage back up will do the trick. I hope anyway :) I know that is a huge part of what is slowing me down.

5. Healthy eating and portion control. These are huge for me. I'm getting way better on the healthy part but when we have something I really like it's hard for me to stop. I'm also someone who eats when they are bored or stressed. I'm hoping the extra mileage will help keep me busy on that front too.

6. Set some PR's. I'm scared to put a number on it. I want to break the 5 hour mark for a marathon. Like I said, I'm not fast. I would be thrilled if I could break 4:30. I get excited just thinking about it. I would like to break 26 minutes for a 5K and 2:15 for a half marathon.

7. Spend more quality time with my family. We haven't been able to go anywhere as a family in almost 4 years. I think doing things like that is not only fun but healthy and necessary. I'm working on some plans.

8. Keep my blog updated. I'd like to post several times a week. If I'm doing what I'm supposed to then I should have something to blog about, right?

9. Get a new treadmill. I'd rather run outside but I can't a lot of the time. I need one that doesn't have a plot to kill me :)


Long Term Goals/Dreams

1. Run a marathon in every state. I'd love to start with Hawaii or New York. If the opportunity arises, I'll be all over it.

2. Run an ultra-marathon.

3. Travel to Ireland and run the Dublin Marathon. Melanie is going to think I'm a stalker or something :) She also has this as one of her goals for the future. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. I don't have a huge desire to travel much outside the states but I would for this. It would be amazing. While I'm there I might as well run the marathon - http://dublinmarathon.ie/index.php See, I'm already doing my homework.

4. Travel and explore the east coast and all the historical sites there. I'd love to check out a sunrise at the ocean. I'd actually like to explore more of the United States in general. It would be awesome to do an extended road trip.

5. Accomplish something with my photography. I love taking pictures. I'm hoping to someday have it as a career.

6. Learn to play the piano. On a fun side note, I'd also like to master playing the drums on Rockband :) I'm addicted.

7. Have a vehicle that gets great mileage but also is one that all four of us extremely tall people can fit into comfortably. We have a Ford Focus two door right now. It has been great for mileage but with the girls growing so fast I see some issues in our future.

I'm excited to accomplish as many of these as possible. The benefits I've received from running have been priceless. I hope to share it with others and possibly get more people inspired to give it a try. If I can do it, anyone can.

No comments: