Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back In The Groove


I am happy to say I'm feeling more and more like I'm back into my running routine. I'm really trying to slowly build my miles back up but that is hard knowing what I've done before. Old habits are hard to break. I just want to head out and run. These days it's more like jumping on the treadmill, but I'll take it.

The past few days have been extremely cold. Waking up to 6 degree mornings does not motivate a person to dive out into it. Especially in my case. I am not an attractive runner. I tend to produce large amounts of sweat. I'm sure I would have sweat cycles hanging off of me :) I have been taking advantage of my Thorbecke's membership and trying to get in my runs there. I am also at the tail end of a fitness challenge. Thankfully, I can weigh out December 13-15th. I have to get a mandatory 3 workouts in there a week to get all the points possible. I have only very recently begun to see a few pounds come off. Hopefully, it's because of all the lean muscle I've gained. I get points for that too :)

I volunteer at the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so sometimes it's hard to fit it all in. I usually have to do my weight training on the same day as my cardio. Not as fun since I don't feel fully fresh to log the miles. I've even had to get up at 4:30 in the morning a few times to make sure I get my 3 workouts in.

I have a few runs coming up. I'm very thankful for that. Having a schedule keeps me motivated, which keeps me running, which keeps me happy since I feel 100% better when I'm eating and exercising like I should be.

With all my miles starting to add up and the cold weather I've become aware that I really don't have any of the awesome cold weather gear that I would LOVE to have. I'm also in desperate need of a new pair of running shoes.

My favorite running shoes are ASICS. I have tried several different models. My ultimate favorite was the pair above. They are the original Gel Kinsei. I tried the Kinsei 2's and they were okay. They just released the Kinsei 3's but they are so expensive. Worth it if I had the money but I don't. I've been scouting EBAY looking for my size. I wear the men's 8.5. For some reason every pair that I have bought that were men's have also fit me better. Strange. Hopefully I can find a pair soon since my backup pair of Asics really didn't work well when I wore them on Monday. I don't need sore feet on top of being a slow runner.

3 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I love your dedication!! I'll be starting my fitness program, all over again, come the first of the year! :)

brooks addiction said...

Love your post! Very inspiring, this makes me think of having a fitness program for myself. More power to you!

vibram said...

You're right! Thanks for such an inspiring post! Keep it up!