Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Party


Today we had Makenna's birthday party at the Napavine Burger King. Nothing fancy but it was free to have it there. We took advantage of it last year too. I wanted the kids to play and have fun since Makinley didn't get to have a party with friends for hers in January because of the flood. They both wanted to play in the play room so it worked.

My friend, Melisa, made the cake. I think it turned out awesome. I helped make some of the flowers and butterflies but she did the rest. I think she makes amazing cakes. The best part is that they taste even better. We surprised Makenna with the design. She really liked it.


Makenna and Payton in the bubble.

Everybody eating and hanging out.


Family members hiding out away from all the kids :)

The Gifford's.

Makinley in the slide.

Makenna with her cake and presents.

Getting ready to open presents.

Makenna & Morgan with the art supplies she got her.

My beautiful birthday girl. She looks so grown up. I was very proud of the fact that she took the time to open and actually read her birthday cards during the chaos of opening everything.

Makenna also received a fully stocked pinata for her birthday. The kids really enjoyed it.

It didn't make it too long though. I think it was overly stuffed with goodies.

Once it broke the kids went wild. I couldn't believe how much candy and toys were in it. There were a lot of kids and there was definitely plenty to go around.


Finally time for cake. I think she was a bit embarrassed by everyone singing to her. I wonder where she gets that?



Papa Dean made it towards the end.

When we got back to the house Makenna had another present to open from Grandma Anna. She got a zip up jewelry box that had hair goodies and money in it.

I think Makenna had a great birthday. Thanks so much to everyone who came and shared her day with her. A huge thanks to Melisa for making the cake. A LOT of time goes into making these. I still can't believe she is eight.

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

That cake turned out really cute!