Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spokane To Sandpoint Training Buddy


After our run last week ~ 3.35 miles.  I'm a bit sweaty :)

Most of my readers know big M already.  She is growing like a weed.  Since she has decided to take a year off of soccer, she has become my new running buddy/trainer.  I've already ran more with her than with anyone else, so it's pretty exciting for me.  I have no expectations except to have fun.  I want her to love it so she will hopefully be a long-term road pal.
Rehydrating with NUUN.  Love it!!!

Big M's biggest problem is that she has been suffering from side aches/cramps a lot.  I remember getting these when I first started running.  Any suggestions???  Her last run seemed to be better.  Just a bad one towards the end. 

Our last run ~ 4.52 miles

The biggest thing that has been great is being able to get a few miles out on the road.  I love my treadmill, it has been there for me when I've had no other options.....but, I need to run outside as well.   My family is never thrilled when I go out running alone so this has been wonderful.  I'm currently trying to train and get some miles in for the Spokane To Sandpoint Relay that is coming up in a little over 2 weeks.  So excited to share these miles with my daughter.  I'm looking forward to our next event we can run together.


6 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

You two are so cute together! Glad you have a running buddy!

Johann said...

That is awesome! You can't ask for a better running partner. I saw Nuun here in stores the first time this week and will definitely try it.

CautiouslyAudacious said...

How fun!

fancy nancy said...

You two are adorable!!!

Meli Anna A said...


*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`love the post! ♥

http://www.runningonthewall.com/

Raina said...

I hadn't heard from you in a while and thought I should check in on you :) . What a fun thing that M can run with you now! Sorry about her side stitches. I think this is common in beginners and the books I have read indicate that you should focus on exhaling every time you put down your L foot until it eases up. Hope you can have lots of time to run together!