Running has been a love/hate in our relationship. I think he truly is happy that I discovered it but he doesn't share my love for it. He has been a good sport and has participated in several 5K's and a couple 10K's. All of those with little or no "training." Life has been crazy lately and with him working crazy hours he hasn't been able to fit it in.
I have slowly been increasing my miles and I have been doing lots of cross training which includes lunges, ab work, and weight training. All of this has improved my knees. I have been so happy about that until yesterday when I was at the gym. While stretching I noticed my left knee felt a little sore and while working out it popped several times. Not good. I really hope it will hold out and not cause issues this weekend.
That all being said, I am pumped for this weekend. I have wanted to run there since they brought the Eugene Marathon back several years ago. As much as I would love to run the full, I'm very happy to be running the half and doing it for fun. The pressure of a PR is no where to be seen. My focus is to enjoy every step and entertain myself with watching Jason run further than he has ever gone. It will be so cool to witness him experience something like this as a participant and not just my support crew. IT WILL BE AWESOME!!! I'm hoping this experience will light a fire in him. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
The weather looks like it is turning for the better and I can't wait to meet some of my fellow bloggers and to reconnect with others. I always look forward to Expos.
As an added bonus to the weekend, we have this ~
Giveaway coming soon!!!


17 comments:
husbands and running are so tricky. i thought when we got our treadmill that my H would jump on and walk or run all of the time. He hasn't and has no desire too. Sometimes it makes me sad, but other times i am glad that I have my own thing. Good luck this weekend. i know you will both do awesome!
I hadn't heard about the rock n roll!! So cool! I will check it out after Eugene!
My friend and I are staying with her sister who's making us dinner on Saturday, so we wont' be out on the town Saturday night.
If you see me, say Hi! I'd love to meet you! I expect we'll be at about a 10 minute pace or so. :) How about you?
I hope he can get into running too. I think it is easier to be understanding about the demands of running while you are actively doing it as well. I know Jesse is glad I am more willing to accept him training at all hours since I started doing it myself. Now I just miss it so much!
I also got the email about Portland and I think it would be fun to run it with jesse, maybe he could pace me to a PR (he he he), should be pretty easy! Good luck this weekend, I wish I could go watch you guys, we miss you!
I wish I could get my husband to run so bad! Just getting him to listen to me talk about is a challenge : )
A year is an awful lot of time for them to promote it- crazy!!
I keep hoping my hubby will get bit by the running bug so he we won't have to have those conversations where he gets completely annoyed by my running.
Good luck this weekend!!! I know you both will rock it!! Careful with that knee!!
yayyy! I am excited for your race! I am planning on signing up for portland...one of my friends told me about it a few weeks ago and it sounds awesome...cant beat the price either :)
Good luck to you and your hubby on Sunday! I'm tempted to do the Rock 'N' Roll Portland, but that's about one month before one of my goal races for next year (Garry Bjorklund Half-Marathon in Duluth).
So excited for all of you getting ready to run Eugene!!! Good luck and have so much fun!
Yeah! Good luck in Eugene!!!!
I'll be there running the full!!!! Have a great time. The weather looks fabulous!
Thank you for the tip on the Portland RnR. I'm signing up!! You will do great this weekend. I hope Jason gets the bug!
I'm bringing my laptop to Eugene just so I can be sure to register for Portland on May 1st and not forget by the time I get home after the race.
For me it never fails, when it is race week I ALWAYS think I've hurt something on my legs or feet, or have some new injury. Miraculously when the race gets here I forget all about it and run great! You will, too!
See you Saturday at dinner .... stop by my blog today - I'm conducting a Eugene dinner related poll!
I never get the good deals on registration because I always wait until the last minute to register for anything. My reasoning? "If I pay $55 now to register and then something happens and I can't participate, instead of saving $25 I've wasted $55!" lol It's worth the gamble to me.
Good luck this weekend Stacie!! I hope Mother Nature smiles on you!! Good luck to Jason!
Oh my! Thanks for the reminder on the POrtland Rock N Roll deal...I had forgotten about it! Very exciting! Good luck this weekend!!
I wanted to thank you for checking out my blog. I have read your blog MANY times - you are so such an inspiration! I love reading your blog. I just wanted to say thanks and hope you'll check me out from time to time. Good luck at Eugene - wishing you all the luck and most importantly, a whole lot of fun!
Thanks,
Wells L
mystorychapter2.blogspot.com
Post a Comment