Friday, February 11, 2011

Run Tomorrow

Us Before Last Year's Race

Tomorrow Jason and I will be running the Matchmaker 5K.  We've ran this for several years now.  I'm very thankful for a chance to get out and run my first "official" run since New Year's.  I need this.

My Uncle passed away on 1-27-11.  Since then it's been crazy.  The following week before his funeral I got the call that my Aunt has cancer.  She was scheduled for surgery on the 24th.  Last Saturday my family called saying that it had been bumped to the 14th.  My Dad and I took my Grandma to visit my Aunt that day.  The outlook is extremely bad.  They have warned us she might not even survive the surgery.  It's a mess.  My cousin is flying in this weekend and I'll be driving her everywhere and she'll also be staying with us.

I have been emotionally and physically exhausted from all of this.  I've been running but not like I should or need to.  I've been trying to remain positive and focus on other things.

I'm not trying to be a downer.  I just wanted you all to know that I'm still here and what's been going on.  I still have major dreams to accomplish in 2011 and I'm not giving up.  Thanks for all your support.  I'm so thankful for my blog and for all the amazing people I've met because of it.

Here's something else I'm thankful for.  The school had a Night of the Arts last night.  Here is what I found on my daughter's poster.  I love my girls.



Keep Running
Never Give Up

26 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I am so sorry about what is going on with your family right now! I pray that your Aunt makes it through and regains her health!

Your daughter's poster brought tears to my eyes....way to go Mom!

fancy nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

Oh I am so sorry abuot your uncle and I hope your Aunt pulls through. this has to be hard. I am a mom too so of course I LOVE that poster!!! hang in there

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the tragedy and sickness in your family. I hope your aunt makes it through okay. Your daughter is so sweet!

A Prelude To... said...

Oh wow! Your daughter's poster says it ALL!! You are lucky to have her and she is so lucky to have such a great mom as you!

I'm so sorry about all the family things that are going on with you right now. I'm so sorry about your loss. My prayers for your aunt!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Sounds like you have had a really challenging 2011. thoughts to you.

How precious from your daugther!! Frame that!!

Good luck tomorrow!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about all this that you're dealing with right now. Prayers are with you.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your daughter's poster. :)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for what you have gone through lately. Praying that everything goes well and the year will get better for you and your family.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

It seems as though life gets "harder" as we get older but in fact it is simply that as we get older our awareness increases and our friends and family age. The reality doesn't make the process easier but it helps to know that we are all going through these things together. Maybe we don't all share this stuff; the real life because we choose to only share the "running" stuff. Thanks for sharing more of your life with me (us). I pray your faithful through the grief of your loss and that your family and Aunt be made stronger by this challenge.
Your daughter's written was a timely ray of light for you. Our little ones are why we can not become overwhelmed by the saddness of life but instead cling to the happy hopeful promises we have been given. Sending you tight hugs and happy thoughts!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Lot's of hugs, good thoughts for you right now.

Penny said...

It's good to have you back. Good Luck tomorrow. I am also doing my first race since october. It will be nice to be running outside with lots of people. Your daughter is so sweet. It made me tear up.

Marlene said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle's passing and the bad news about your aunt. Sending thoughts & prayers for the whole family.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Sorry about how things are going ... the poster is so sweet! I wish my babies were still that age!

H Love said...

praying for you! let me know if you need anything. I miss you!

Staci said...

Thinking of you and knowing that it'll all work out perfectly - even if you can't see it at the time. Remember to receive the good things like your daughters great poster - they can refuel and give you the strength to go on.

Running With A Baby said...

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you!

Molly said...

I'm sorry to hear about all that is happening in your family, thinking of you!

Rene' said...

I was wondering where you had been and I am sorry thing so stressful. Hopefully you had a good race today and are starting to feel a bit better. Big hugs coming your way.

Sara said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your Aunt, and your entire family. I am sorry to hear about what you all have been going through. I can't imagine what that is like. I admire your strength and determination. My eyes were tearing up while reading this post knowing what you mean to your children. THAT is something to be proud of. You are an amazing woman, and I know you will accomplish your dreams and goals even with everything else that is going on. Hugs and prayers! Take care of yourself.

Richelle said...

I've been praying for you and your family.

BTW... cute picture of you and your husband. Plus, your daughter is awesome!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. And I'm keep your aunt, your family and you in my thoughts!

Hope the 5k was fun!

Mark said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hang in there.

gba_gf said...

I wish I had the skills to say something helpful, or do something, anything, to help with the news about your aunt/uncle, but... yea.
So this is me, doing something.

And your daughter ~ sweet.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

I hope you are doing ok! I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I know the feeling, where it seems the world might just come crashing down, I mean with all the negative things. I've been praying for your family. Hang in there!!

And that note your daughter wrote, wow!! That is so awesome!! You're doing something right mom!! =)

Karen Seal said...

Hope the 5K went well! Sorry life has been so hectic lately! Hope it slows down soon. I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Was just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Praying all is well and improving since your last post. Check in soon!