Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Official

I had pretty much decided that I would run the Portland Marathon again.  For some reason I still hadn't registered.  Every year I seem to put it off.  I really don't know why.  I decided to check out the web page tonight and saw that they were down to the last bunch of entries.  First come, first serve.  I panicked and immediately registered.  So it is now official that I am running my 3rd Portland Marathon.  I'm really excited but I also have that nervous feeling that comes with doing something this big.  26.2 miles is a very long way.  I'm very proud of the fact that I have already accomplished it twice.

The past two years I have ran as a charity runner to raise money for different causes.  The first year it was the Make A Wish Foundation.  Last year it was the Children's Cancer Association.  I dread asking people for money but both times it was for a great cause.  I'm even more excited about this year.  I will be running for The Conrad Family.  They are our wonderful friends.  Brian was in an accident on March 15th which changed their family forever.  They are the best people who would do anything for anyone.  That is why I am running the marathon this year for Brian.  I'm going to see if I can get the word out to get some sponsorship and to raise money for their family.  This year it's way more personal.  I hope I don't let them down.


No comments: