Okay, so it's more like, back on the treadmill. After "letting myself go" it was my first official treadmill run. I know I haven't gained 100 pounds or anything but the fact that I haven't been running and I have gained some weight is enough to keep me going. I've worked way to hard to get to this point. The fact that I could scare small children in my running outfit is great motivation as well. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with myself when I put it on. I could have worn a loose t-shirt and shorts but that would have been cheating. I wanted to see what my laziness has done. I finished changing, stretching, and getting my iPod ready. I turned the treadmill on and away I went. Considering it had been awhile I felt pretty good-at first. I made sure and ate a few hours before this but my body was letting me know it wasn't happy about it. Again, I'll have to train my system to work on the schedule I was on before. About halfway through my run I could definitely tell that it had been way too long. I wanted to at least run 3 miles or 30 minutes. By the time I made it to the end of my run I just wanted to keep going. I wasn't a pretty sight but I felt amazing after I was done. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to get back on there today. I have way too many things that I want to accomplish and this was just the first step.
Run Stats - 32 minutes 4 miles
QUOTE - "If you can still think, you're not dead, and if you're not dead, you can keep going."
No comments:
Post a Comment