Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Back...For Real This Time



For anyone who is close to me, they already know some of the challenges that my family has been facing.  Some good, some bad.  To shorten things up I have had to make some tough choices.  I have not given up on running.  It is a huge part of my life and has continued to be so even in my blogger absence.  With limited time and sanity left I had to choose between blogging or actually getting some miles in.  For about a million reasons, I chose running. BTW~No knee pain!!!  I have written hundreds of blog posts in my mind during this time.  I've missed it and I've definitely missed all of you.  This blogging community is a HUGE part of my life and I have missed it.  I've missed taking part in races, in bloggy meet-ups, and hanging out and sharing such an important part of my life with others.  I still haven't been successful in creating my own local running gang yet so it's been a lonely few months.  That being said, that is exactly how I started, on my own.  I feel like in many ways I'm starting over even though I have continued to keep running a part of my life every week.  I feel terrible about leaving my followers hanging for so long. 
 I have lots of products reviews and a few giveaways headed your way so I'll be trying my best to make it up to you.

Without getting into too many personal details, here are a few things that have been keeping me busy.
I have been helping to take care of my Grandma since last year.  It has progressively become more difficult.  Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with dementia last month and it seems to be getting worse very quickly.  She fell over the weekend and it's a miracle she didn't get seriously hurt.  So many frustrations for my family as we are having a terrible time getting help with this situation.  It angers me that people can get fined and thrown in jail for treating animals poorly but the elderly are treated far worse.  It has been beyond frustrating and very sad.

On a brighter note I became an Aunt for the first time in January.  His name is Colby and he is the cutest little guy ever.  Can't wait to watch him grow and spoil him.  Both of my girls are totally in love with him.  Super sweet to watch them hold and talk to him.  Makes me sad that we didn't get to have a little boy of our own.  Super excited for my brother and his wife though :)

As for the rest of the chaos, I'm choosing to try my best to regroup and focus on looking ahead and trying my best to be positive.  One mile at a time, right?
There has been so many things that have happened already in 2012.  I don't want to waste another day.  Somehow I am bound and determined to squeeze it all back in.  For my sanity if nothing else.  I have so many running dreams and aspirations left to check off my list.  With Hood To Coast talk starting, I don't want to just stand back and not do anything to make my dream a reality.  I know it's a huge dream but if I do nothing then that will get me no where.  I'm here, I'm running, and each step I take will get me closer to where I want to be.

I've missed you all.  Be prepared for more.

14 comments:

Jill said...

So good to hear from you! Life gets crazy sometime and you can't keep a blog up! We have all been there.

Sorry about all the difficult things going on...not easy. Your poor Grandma! How nice that you have helped her out.

Keep up the running! Hope to see you soon!

pensive pumpkin said...

Glad you're back! Sorry it's been so frustrating lately, but the running has to help. You've gotta choose the miles. Absolutely.

Laura said...

Glad you are back and all the best during the tough times...

fancy nancy said...

I'm so glad that you are back!! Sending you lots of hugs as you go through all of this! My grandmother lived with us my whole life. It is so hard to see them go through this!

Teamarcia said...

Great to have you back! Sorry to hear about the challenges with grandma. We went thru exactly that with hubby's granny last year. Not easy. Congrats on the new addition! Here's to more good things to come!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great to hear from you! I just know you are strong enough to shoulder all that is given to you...and when it gets heavy you will only be made stronger.

You are in the middle of an amazing example of life. With your gram and your new nephew. Both a wonderful blessing to be able to share in the experience.

Stay strong and if you need a little encouragement, I'll be a ready cheerleader for you anytime!

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you've been going through some tough times but glad you've had support and running to help you through it!

Alanna said...

So happy to see that you're back - and I just found you on Twitter yesterday. :) Enter for HTC!!! It's a life changer (and in my case hopefully twice).

Caroline said...

welcome back
so sorry about your grand mother
I can only imagine how hard and stressful this situation can be

Rene' said...

yay! glad to see you are back!

Lindsay said...

welcome back! glad you have been able to run while being MIA from the blog world. i don't have many local running friends either, so it's extra nice to have the blogosphere!

H Love said...

YAY!! You know I love ya! I am sure your other readers are with me...you don't need to make up for anything! Just be!! Hang in there!

Robin said...

Life gets in the way sometimes but priorities are priorities. Sorry about your grandma, that's rough I'm sure. Congrats on the nephew.

Unknown said...

Welcome back! When is your next race? We will see you at RNR Seattle, right?