Saturday, February 14, 2009

Matchmaker 5K Run


I convinced Jason to run a race with me. Between the weather and floods I have not been able to get to Thorbecke's to work out like I have wanted or needed to since the snow started in December. Stress and the death of my treadmill have not helped matters. I am back on the road to training though so it can only get better from here.

Today was the Matchmaker 5K Run/Walk. You could participate in pairs or as a single. Jason & I ran as a pair. It was pretty chilly out so Makenna decided to sit and watch in the truck with Papa Mike, Grandma Brenda, & Great-Grandma Heitzmann. Makinley was able to ride the course. Rob & Theresa Myers did the walk and pushed her in a jogging stroller. They said that she talked the whole way :)


Makenna ran to the finish with us and then ran back and forth with Jason while we waited for Kinley.



Makinley and her buddy, Rob.

1 comment:

Thomas Tan said...

Great family activity and good to see you back on track with running!