Thursday, February 28, 2008

Berry Road Run

After work I came home to find Jason and Makinley washing the truck.  It was close to the time we need to get Makenna at the bus stop.  I decided since the weather was beautiful that I was going to get another run in before my run on Saturday.  I ran in to change and get ready.  Jason and Kinley left to go to the bus stop and I headed out after them.  I made it to the top of the big hill when I met them coming back.  I didn't bring my water with me today since I wasn't going to do a long run so when they stopped I got a drink from Kinley's water bottle.  She thought that was pretty cool that she could help me out.  They all waved and headed toward the house.  I kept going down the hill and on my normal route.  Once I made it to the stop sign I ran down one of the other roads for a bit before turning around and heading back.  I think all the sunshine got me carried away.  I should have just done a slower paced run on the treadmill or chosen a different route.  Between my run on Tuesday and today I think I've pushed things too far.  I don't think my body is going to have time to recover enough to be as good as it could be.  I know I'll be "fine" but I should have known better.  I'm still glad I did it though.  I don't have many opportunities to run outside or to have the weather be so perfect.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for more days like today.

Mileage- 4+

No comments: