I began my official new exercise and eating healthy routine. December 25, 2005 was my first trip on the treadmill again. I either just walked very fast, jogged, or ran at an easy pace. I went 2.51 miles that day. I tried to use the treadmill 2-4 times a week. I gradually increased my pace and my mileage. At this point I had no intentions of ever doing an official race of any length. I was just trying to lose weight.
Sunday, December 25, 2005
A Runner's Beginning
I officially began my running journey in 2005. To make a very long story short and far less sad I basically began to get healthy and lose weight. After the birth of my second daughter in January 2004 I began my exercise routine. I was down over 40 pounds by August of 2004. I had a set back after losing my Mom on August 28th. It was slow but I had put about 20 pounds back on after that. I continued to be motivated but it was mixed with bouts of laziness throughout 2005. By December I had had enough. I hated the way I felt and the way I looked. I wanted to be healthier for myself and my girls. I didn't want them to be without their Mom like I was. Plus, I wanted them to think their Mom was pretty and not someone to be embarassed about. I had a lot of reasons to get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment